The Mammography Technician, under direct supervision, performs specialized examinations of the breast to help in the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease in women patients for our client facilities. The Mammography Technologist may perform screening exams or diagnostic exams.
- The Mammography Technologist is expected to practice safe procedures and adheres to radiation safety measures under the supervision of the Radiology supervisor or the Radiologist. Specific duties may include but are not limited to:
- Complete patient education regarding the exam
- Promote privacy for the patient
- Promote comfort for the patient
- Perform diagnostic or screening mammogram as ordered
- Prepares for and assists the Radiologist in the completion of intricate mammography examinations, including breast biopsies.
- Produce high quality films for the radiologist to evaluate
- Complete appropriate documentation
- Perform quality control functions related to mammography
- Assist in compilation and maintenance of statistical data
- Follow infection control and safety guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Radiologic Technology or any other relevant discipline with specialized Mammography training/certification.
- Valid radiology technician registration
- At least 2 years’ full-time experience as a mammography technician
- Foreign training and experience is an added advantage
- Skilled in the operation of X-ray and other radiologic equipment
- Basic understanding of computer technology
- Good with computer/IT tools
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Must be able to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Effective decision-making and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team