The Radiographer is part of the hospital diagnostic staff, and utilizes x-rays, ultrasound and other forms of imaging technology to examine patients and aid in the diagnosis of clinical conditions. He/she is expected to contribute to providing exceptional patient care in an environment where quality, respect, caring, and compassion are held very high.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- B.Sc in Radiography, Certificate of Membership of Radiographers, or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Candidate must possess current practising license.
- Post-graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Foreign training and experience is an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience
- Minimum of basic computer skills
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Must be able to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision-making and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team