The consultant cardiologist is responsible to the Chief Medical Officer. The cardiologist examines, and provides adequate care for patients with a wide variety of cardiac and circulatory disorders. He/she is a member of the senior medical team and coordinates specialized care for patients while providing leadership and guidance in establishing the highest standards of care and ensuring optimal delivery of quality care in line with international best practices.
- Provide treatment to patients suffering from heart and circulatory problems
- Should be updated on the latest cardiology procedures and studies as new breakthroughs are made in this field frequently.
- Design a healthy diet chart and good exercise regimen to help in quick recovery from cardiovascular illnesses.
- Maintain detailed reports on each patient and also a report on their progress
- Coordinate with any other specialist the patient might be seeing
- Give medicines that are compatible with other medicines the patient is taking
- Advice patients on any alternative treatment they might be seeking
- Help the patient to fully recover from their illness and continue follow up even after they remain stable
- MBBS/MBChB or equivalent
- Fellowship in the Faculty of Internal Medicine of either the West African College of Physicians (WACP) and/or the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN);
Equivalent fellowship in a country where you can obtain license to practice in Nigeria
- Must be a minimum of two-years post-fellowship.
- Full registration with the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Foreign training and experience is an added advantage.
- Ability to do Echocardiography and skills in General Cardiology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work long, flexible and on-call hours, often under pressure
- Good practical skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision-making skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
- Drive to continue learning throughout career.
- Strong IT/computer skills