The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for the management of the assigned nursing unit and department in terms of the quality of nursing care delivered, as well as for planning, organizing, leading and evaluating nursing services. The supervisor provides leadership and oversight in the accomplishment of strategic and operational objectives of the department. Provides strategic direction for nursing and business operations, responsible for establishing strategic and tactical plans for clinical services, new programs and human resource allocation. Role requires complete and autonomous management of the technical and operational, patient care and organizational tasks of the Operating Theatre department.
- Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
- Ensures smooth and efficient clinic services for the endoscopy unit.
- Assures development and implementation of policies and procedures in conjunction with the physicians, clinical head of the endoscopy unit, the CNO and the Medical Director.
- Maintains an up-to-date record of all drugs, IV fluids etc as required by the pharmacy and ensures that the protocol concerning the administration and storage of all drugs are observed at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate supplies for nursing services and also forwarding needs to the management as appropriate.
- Prepares and administers performance evaluations which include achievable and measurable clinical, professional and personal growth for all levels of nursing staff.
- Ensures that reference material (i.e. protocols, regulations, professional standards of practice, etc.) maintained at the nurses’ stations is current.
- Works with the CNO to ensure overall quality of nursing service in the facility.
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Nursing or its equivalent.
- Registration with the National Association of Nurses and Midwifery of Nigeria, or licensed to practice in their current country and able to register in Nigeria.
- At least 10 years relevant nursing experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience running an endoscopy unit will be an added advantage.
- Relevant certification as an endoscopy nurse.
- Certified BLS/ACLS completion required.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- More than basic computer literacy
- The ability to direct the work force to perform all duties clinically accurately
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Knowledge of management principles, processes and procedures.
- Skill and ability to coach and develop others.
- Must be able to analyze and solve problems effectively.