The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for the 24-hour management of the assigned nursing unit and department in terms of the quality of nursing care delivered, as well as for planning, organizing, leading and evaluating nursing services. The supervisor provides leadership and oversight in the accomplishment of strategic and operational objectives of the department. Provides strategic direction for nursing and business operations, responsible for establishing strategic and tactical plans for clinical services, new programs and human resource allocation. Promotes a practice environment that empowers nurses to provide effective, compassionate, efficient and knowledgeable nursing care to patients. Works in cooperation with the Medical Staff to ensure regulations and accreditation standards are maintained.
- Ensures smooth and efficient care for emergency patients.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate supplies for nursing services and also forwarding needs to the management as appropriate.
- Collaborates with non-nursing departments to establish processes and address issues which enhance the provision of patient care and satisfaction.
- Prepares and administers performance evaluations which include achievable and measurable clinical, professional and personal growth for all levels of nursing staff.
- Ensures that reference material (i.e. protocols, regulations, professional standards of practice, etc.) maintained at the nurses’ stations is current.
- Ensures observance of universal precautions in the use of personal protective equipment.
- Works with the CNO to ensure overall quality of nursing service in the facility.
- 10years relevant work experience in Nursing. With more than 3 years in a managerial or supervisory role in Emergency care is preferred.
- Registration with the National Association of Nurses and Midwifery of Nigeria, or licensed to practice in their current country and able to register in Nigeria.
- Certification as an emergency care nurse
- Certified BLS/ACLS completion required.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- More than basic computer literacy
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Knowledge of management principles, processes and procedures.
- Skill and ability to coach and develop others.
- Must be able to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when the situation arises